Digital Post-processing Workshop
Finding hidden colours in photos
Ethical ways of post-processing
Digital Post-processing is somewhat similar to Developing the film negative !!
That is why it is often referred to as “Digital Dark Room”. The workshop focuses on understanding the universally accepted methods and norms – DP BestFlow.
The photographs taken by a digital camera are often displayed with midtone predominance. It is a common feeling for a photographer to feel let down when the photograph is seen on a computer – it just doesn’t look like what was seen!
The good news is that more often than not, the “striking” part of the scene will still be hidden inside the image data.
Good post-processing is the art of deciphering this “hidden” information and then bringing it out to get your story right.
Digital Post-processing workshop includes
- Understanding the digital image
- Digital image formats and properties
- Colour spaces and Gamuts
- All steps of DP Best Flow methodology
- Understanding RAW image
- The RAW advantage
- Understanding the “non-destructive” editing techniques
- Editing and data loss and how to manage both
- Complete sweep of Adobe Camera Raw
- Knowing ACR controls and their specific functions
- Developing RAW files
- Basics of Photoshop Editing techniques
- RAW and JPEG image processing flows
- Output management
- Tips and tricks of effective Post-processing to raise the quality of your photographs
Need for Post-processing
Image information and missing data
Finding hidden information
Advantages of RAW shooting
Adobe Photoshop & ACR
Layers and Masks
Ethical processing techniques
Live demo and hands-on practice
Fees : INR 3750/- per participant
Fees inclusive of Tea / Coffee and Lunch.
For Workshop :
101, Paradigm Pearl, Near Syngenta Software, Baner Road, Pune.
(Detailed Driving directions and map will be sent to participants 2 days prior to workshop.)
WORKSHOP STRUCTURE :
The Post-processing Workshop has duration of 8 hours.
|9:30AM to 11:00AM
||Lab Session 01
||Image file types, properties and need for processing
|11:00AM to 11:15AM
|11:15AM to 12:45PM
||Adobe Bridge and Camera Raw features
|12:45PM to 1:30PM
|1:30PM to 6:30PM
||Lab Session 02
- Adobe Photoshop interface, tools and uses
- Masking techniques and blending modes
- Adjustment Layers and application
- Combining techniques to discover data
- Processing demos
- Participant photo processing
Card Reader / Camera – PC cord
Adobe Photoshop CC 2014 or above
(Bundled Adobe Camera Raw)
Handy Freeware Tools
Faststone Viewer OR
Zoner Studio Free
(Both are freeware tools and readily available for download on internet)
error: Content is protected !!